A Condensed Guide To The Use Of Your Personal Information at CASH4UNOW.CO.UK
- When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check the following records about you and others (see 2 below)
- Our own.
- Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
- We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
- Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
- If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please visit our website at www.cash4unow.co.uk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- TransUnion, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax Ltd, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 481 8000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk
- Teletrack UK Limited, 6th Floor (South Tower), 26 Elmfield Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1WA
Please contact us at Novaloans Ltd, 7 Limewood Way, Leeds, LS14 6AB tel: 0113 887 3434 if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
Information held about you by the Credit Reference Agencies may already be linked to records relating to your partner(s). For the purposes of this application you and your partner(s) are financially independent and you request that your application be assessed without reference to any "associated" records, although you recognise that this may adversely affect the outcome of your application. You believe that there is no information relating to your partner(s) that is likely to affect our willingness to offer financial services to you. You authorise us to check the validity of this declaration with Credit Reference Agencies and if we discover any associated records, which would affect the accuracy of this declaration we may decide not to proceed with the application on this basis.